By George Burr

Sorry for being away for so long. I was an extra in a film on Thursday (we didn't wrap until midnight+1/2 hour drive meant it was too late) then there was a football game that also had me home late. All is well now, though.

Today's puzzle is the By George Burr, designed by George Syriaque and constructed by Brian Menold.





I love it!! This is one of my favourite assembly-type puzzles because it's just easy enough for a beginner (like me!). Another real self-confidence booster because I can look at it and say 'How am I ever going to assemble it?' and then spend a while fiddling with it and have it magically form the burr shape again and again, without me ever knowing how I did it. Good for playing with when you're not really paying attention, because then it's endlessly replayable. 

The wood and construction is very good, because it's not mass-produced. Brian obviously puts great time and care into his puzzles. The internal edges are all smooth and well-finished, and there are no alignment issues to speak of. The puzzle fits together nicely, even without my humidity control.

Brian's puzzles are available at http://woodwondersonline.com/Wood_Wonders/Home.html ; he will periodically update with new limited-run puzzles in the 'Special Puzzles' section.

Comments