Apologies and a mathematically correct dinner

That last post was a bit bland. I also forgot the whole bit about the solving experience.

The Mental Blocks was a bit tricky, just because of the small size. I ended up with my pinky kind of wrapped around the whole arrangement, trying to keep the whole thing together while I wiggled the key piece into place. I think that if you hold the whole thing in your fist, like you're gripping a pole with the key space poking up at the top, then there might be more success...

As for the Triple X, it's a simple puzzle but I still couldn't solve it! I tried twisting the pieces every which way and they wouldn't go into the shape on the box! I needed the solution :(

On to dinner: The local grocery store stocks amazingly spicy samosas. I wrote the last post half-asleep, but supper woke me up. Had to send along a well-armed glass of milk to give those samosas a little talking-to. The fun part (relevant part) of the samosas is that these ones are almost perfect equilateral triangles. Even though they seem to want to wage war against my tongue, they're still really good for exploring the self-dual properties of the tetrahedron (and, if you're careful, making perfect hexagons).

Comments